From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject The need for a Contributor License Agreement (was: cvs commit: xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/render RendererFactory.java)
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:21:19 GMT
Richard, to put what Glen wrote a little more politely: The Apache
Software Foundation established a policy after which every contributor
who submits more than just a little bugfix or patch (i.e. who is
contributing substantially), should send a signed Contributor License
Agreement to the Foundation. Small contributions such as bugfixes are
covered by the Apache license v2.0 (section 5). Since your work will
likely not fit the latter category, we'd be grateful if you would send
in a signed CLA in due time. You can find it here:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf

You can find more info on the following page (scroll to bottom):
http://www.apache.org/licenses/

Thank you.

Glen, couldn't you just have asked Richard politely to state his full name
and to send in a CLA? I don't think we can afford to scare potential
contributors away by writing messages like yours.

On 09.06.2005 19:19:05 Glen Mazza wrote:
> I think we're going to need to know Richard's last name, as well as have a
> CLA from him, before we can accept work from him.  I don't know the
> situation, but if he would rather stay anonymous because he can't donate
> work to Apache, it would appear then he can't donate work to Apache.

Jeremias Maerki