From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@tpg.com.au>
Subject Re: Patches for FOP PDF and JPEG
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:16:24 GMT
Thomas,

Could you clarify something for me please.  As I understood it, the
Java2D stuff assumes a normalized unit of measurement of 1pt = 1/72
inch.  It provides float and double versions of the graphical objects,
like Rectangle2D.Double and Rectangle2D.Float.  The GraphicsDevice
objects within the GraphicsEnvironment then transform measurements in
the normalized form into device units.  It is this normalization that
allows for the predictable representation of of graphics objects on
different output media.

So far, so good?

Was it your intention that the SVGGraphics2d environment provide such
functionality?  Is this still the case?

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>