From Finn Bock <bck...@worldonline.dk>
Subject Re: Switch from AddLMVisitor to FObj.addLayoutManager()
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 19:41:30 GMT
Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team,
>
> While I'm implementing the validateChildNode()
> methods, I would also like to work on removing the
> AddLMVisitor visitor pattern[1], and revert to our
> previous method of having the FO's themselves setup
> the LayoutManagers via addLayoutManager().  (See here
> [2][3][4] for examples of the previous way of a year
> ago.)

I would consider that a small step backwards because I liked the
seperation between the FO tree and the LM tree. But I have no great love
for the AddLMVisitor so I wouldn't mind at all if it disappeared.

But instead of putting all the LM strategy code into the FO tree
classes, I would suggest that the creation of the LM tree are done with
a "LayoutManagerMapping" and a series of "Maker" classes, one for each
FO class.

I'll upload a patch to demonstrate the idea.

regards,
finn