From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Patches for FOP PDF and JPEG
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:29:42 GMT
Funny coincidence. I've just applied the patch locally and can't compile
PDFImageElementBridge anymore. The problem is this line:

   PDFJpegNode node = new PDFJpegNode(jpeg, origGN);

origGN isn't defined anymore but this line isn't affected by your patch.
Any idea? I'll have another look at it when I have time again tomorrow
evening (21h from now).

Something else: Wouldn't it be easier and more readable to write "25.4 /
72" instead of "0.352778f"?

On 15.08.2004 21:10:54 Thomas DeWeese wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>      These patches have nothing to do with your recent request for
> more information about the PDFTranscoder.  The most important
> one is the fix for getPixelUnitToMillimeter which currently
> causes PDF output to be the wrong size.
>
>      The other patches enable the JPEG code to work correctly
> for JPEG files that have lots of long APP markers in them.
> I think Photoshop and a few other apps can do this.  It also
> defers the creation of the original node until it absolutely
> has to thus avoiding decoding the JPEG file and creating
> the raster unless needed.
>
>      Let me know if you have any questions on either of these
> and I will be looking to Jeremias's questions shortly.

Jeremias Maerki