From "Townsend, Pete" <pete.towns...@landg.com>
Subject RE: AFP Renderer
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:05:33 GMT
Dear FOP Developers,

Could you let me know whether you'd be interested in adding a AFP renderer
to the project. I really think it would be worthwhile as many enterprise
scale projects use AFP printing and being able to use a formatted object so
they can be rendered as AFP or PDF is very advantageous.

I'd be grateful if someone could respond as I only have a limited window of
opportunity to get the code into the public domain. Once I move on to the
next project it is unlikely to happen.

Many thanks,

Pete Townsend.

-----Original Message-----
From: Townsend, Pete
Sent: 05 August 2004 16:45
To: 'fop-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: AFP Renderer

Dear FOP Team,

A few months ago I wrote an AFP (Advanced Function Printing) renderer that
generates AFP data streams from a formatted object based on the current
version of the Apache FOP project. This is currently in a stable build and
is coming to the end of a system test phase. The primary reason for the
development was that we wanted to generate documents from one FO template in
different formats (PDF for online and AFP for batch mainframe printing).

I've been in discussion with my company (Legal & General) about releasing
this code to the Apache Project. I please to say that they have finally
agreed. The one caveat is that the Apache Software License must be included
on all code (general nervousness of the part of the legal department!).

If you're interested in adding mainframe AFP rendering capability to the FOP
project please let me know how I can get involved. I'm happy to act as a
contributor and support this code in the initial instance.

Kind Regards, Pete Townsend.

Home Email: pete@townsend.uk.com

This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate
or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please reply
and tell us and then delete it. Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot
guarantee the security of any data outside our own computer systems. For the protection of
Legal & General's systems and staff, incoming emails will be automatically scanned.

Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable terms and conditions
and must not be construed as giving investment advice within or outside the United Kingdom.

Legal & General Group PLC, Temple Court, 11 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4N 4TP.
Registered in England no: 1417162

Legal & General Group Plc is a holding company, subsidiary undertakings of which are fully
authorised as appropriate under the Financial Services and Markets Act in respect of their
investment activities in the UK.