From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove ant.jar and build.bat/sh
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:21:49 GMT
Peter B. West wrote:
> In the medium term, I think some sort of protocol for provides/requires
> and versioning will have to be established for matching jars.  It has
> always galled me that everyone bundles everything to ensure that a
> particular application runs.

Short: use Maven.

> What does mavenizing entail?

Write a project.xml file which describes the project on a higher
level than the ant build file. Whether that's really easy for FOP
with all the weirdness and conditional compiles is another matter.
Because Maven downloads dependencies from a repository, we could
outsource some more common stuff more easy, and the source distro
becomes leaner.

J.Pietschmann