From "Victor Mote" <...@outfitr.com>
Subject RE: Problem with building docs - which Forrest version?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 04:46:25 GMT
Christian Geisert wrote:

> I just tried to build the docs and got a validation error (content of
> element type "li" must match ... and I remembered something about a dtd
> change).
> Ok, no problem my Forrest version (0.3) is bit outdated so I'll just get
> the latest CVS ... Doh error in validate-sitemap (the reason for this
> is probably the cocoon update in forrest).
>
> No big deal to fix either of these errors but I'd like first to discuss
> which Forrest version we should use. Latest release or latest CVS?

Is this for the release? If so, I would be tempted to 1) "publish" the
forrestbot version, then 2) just check that version out from
icarus.apache.org/home/cvs/xml-site/targets/fop. One of the many nice things
about using forrestbot is that you let the forrest guys worry about which
versions are stable, which skins & dtds to use, etc.

I just did a "publish" a few minutes ago, which should show up on the live
site in about 3 hours. It is 100% up-to-date with the repository content
(until I start hacking away at it again, probably tomorrow). I also just got
done cleaning out the web repository of files that I have deleted recently,
so it should be clean and up-to-date if you want to use its contents.

BTW, if you do use forrest to do a doc build, you will see some errors.
There is an NPE when it creates compliance.html. I have narrowed it down to
the link on the pdf icon in that document. The pdf that is generated is not
valid, and that appears to be the cause of the problem. When I run it using
plain old FOP (trunk, current cvs), the pdf builds fine (well, valid
anyway), so I suspect that this is because forrestbot is using an older
version of FOP. I expect this error to go away when they upgrade. Even
though we get an NPE, the html file seems fine. The other errors are related
to what looks like a font definition. I haven't tried to track it down.

Victor Mote