From "Enrico Raymundo" <enr...@netimpact.com.au>
Subject RE: Automated FOP test
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 05:32:44 GMT
Hi Victor,

Thanks to your email and I understand the developers' need to stay focused on development.
 I and definitely others appreciate the efforts you guys put in to this.  I'll post this in
the FOP user mailing list and xslfo@yahoogroups.

Thanks and regards,

Rico Raymundo
Senior Applications Developer
NetImpact Online Publishing
enrico@netimpact.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Mote [mailto:vic@outfitr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 April 2003 3:16 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Automated FOP test

Enrico Raymundo wrote:

> Could someone point out to me whether my math is wrong with page
> width and height vs regions' widths and heights and regions'
> border widths).  This is pretty basic, my requirement is far more
> complicated with background images in each regions  to be
> populated by text from XML and graphics imported from bitmaps.
> XSL Formatter turned out the result I expected (or at least I
> wish to see).  I really would like to make use of FOP if at all
> possible.  So any help from FOP developers will be appreciated.

I think everyone on this list would love to dive in and help here, but I
hope they will not, for two reasons: 1) they need to stay focused on FOP
development, and 2) providing this kind of support on this list would set a
bad precedent.

FOP support is self-serve. Please read and follow the instructions at:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/gethelp.html.
Links to every resource you might need are there -- books (some free), FAQs,
bug lists, etc. We don't have links to fee-based support yet, but if you ask
on the fop user mailing list, I'll bet you'll get some responses.

We can't afford to give free consulting or support to the entire world.
Instead, we have distilled what we know into the web site, where, with a
reasonable amount of effort on your part, you can find the answer yourself.
If, after expending that effort, you think we have missed something, please
post another message, and we'll be glad to take a look at it.

Victor Mote