From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject Re: How layout works
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2003 02:09:21 GMT
Joerg,

I concur with these comments.  Your summary is one of the vital missing
documentation elements in FOP, and, as we may infer from what Chris
says, the absence of such documentation is a major obstacle to new
developers.

I think that the absence of such documentation reflects a widespread
uncertainty among experienced developers about what exactly FOP is doing
most of the time, or, to be more precise, about how to go about getting
FOP to do what we know that it has to do eventually.

Peter

Chris Bowditch wrote:
>> From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@yahoo.de>
>>
>> Hi all,
>> it might be interesting to write up again how the layout core works
>> in the old and in the new code.
>>

> This is a fantastic summary of how FOP works. Has anyone considered
> putting the contents of this post onto the website somewhere. It would
> be an invaluable resource to any Java programmers wishing to get stuck
> in helping with the redesign.
>
> Chris

Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"