From Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>
Subject Re: Does AWTRenderer need a Translator?
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:23:51 GMT
Duane Morin wrote:
> Thanks.  Let me ask you a question, if I may.  Do you think that the
> AWTRenderer related code is ready for such a thing?  Basically my
> plan is to integrate some of what is now in PreviewDialog into my
> own application.  Am I going to have an uphill struggle?
Not really, I believe it's pretty possible. I'd suggest you make use of
AWT Viewer code from the trunk, it was cleaned up already. Basically
there is a plan to redesign Viewer into reusable embeddable java bean
and viewer application itself, which adds control buttons and uses bean
through its properties/methods. It's only lack of AWTRenderer in the
trunk what stops me from implementing that, because the maintenance
branch is frozen. And lack of free time unfortunately.

> Should I
> wait until a future version of fop is released?
Depends on your needs. You can wait or you can help us with it.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog