From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Question about TTFReader (concerning fluttering font)
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:49:10 GMT
Müller, Markus wrote:
> as mentioned earlier in this mailing list we have trouble with a corporate
> font: right aligned numbers are displayed fluttering in PDF. It seems that
> the kerning information in the font metrics file is invalid.

Two additional concerns:
- If the "right aligned numbers" are page number citations, this is
   related to a FAQ:
     http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#page-number-align
- Word width computation during layout does not use kerning info at
   all. This is bad for both justified or right aligned text in
   general.

I earlier days people used to snip cruft.

J.Pietschmann