From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: page-position="last" - bug?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:09:13 GMT
On 4/9/2003 8:40 AM, Victor Mote wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
>>No, page-position="last" is still unimplemented. This will be addressed
>>in the redesign. I've just updated the compliance document with a notice
>>about page-position="last" in CVS.
>
> This is exactly what I hoped would happen with compliance.xml! Thanks for
> taking the time to fix the document -- it should help make our support more
> self-service.
>
> I only have one quibble & it is an amiable one -- should we also change to
> comply="partial"?
>
> Victor Mote

First of all, I think the site has greatly improved from where it was
before (congrats to Victor and the others (?) who've worked hard to make
it happen). and thanks!

That said, it took me a while to figure where the IMPLEMENTED &
LIMITATIONS sections went. Why? I'd forgotten the new name/page for the
"Implemented" & "Limitations" sections. Since the goal of FOP is
compliance to the XSL-FO spec, this is an appropriate name. However, I
don't think "Compliance" is very descriptive to the throngs of every day
users of FOP. Perhaps something can be done to help people understand
that "Compliance" infers "Implemented & un-Implemented portions XSL-FO"
or something. Ideas?

In case anyone was wondering, here's what the page used to look like
(watch wrap):
http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:YqKKqFncbCcC:xml.apache.org/fop/implemented.html+FOP+implemented&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

(or you could google for "FOP implemented"--that's the first time I've
used "google" as a verb--feels weird).

ON a side-note, it'd be bitchin if we had some sort of nifty "FOP Answer
Wizard" on the site, where one could posit: Has feature X been
implemented?" and it would search the compliance.xml document for a
"yes" in the supported column.

BTW, on compliance.html, under "Pagination and Layout Properties" the
property "page-position - ยง7.25.14" the support:extended field indicates
"yes" and there is no "note" indicating that page-postion="last" is not
implemented. Does someone need to make a note of the "last" issue, or am
I looking at the wrong place?
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com