From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: tagged PDF
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:02:40 GMT
Victor Mote wrote:
> Labeaux Schiek wrote:
> <snip>
> We have no idea how much work this request entails and would be happy to
> assist in this undertaking in anyway possible, unfortunately, at this time,
> we are not a shop of Java programmers, and as such, our knowledge of Java is
> very limited.
>

> </snip>
>
> <snip @=Victor ;-)/>
> As the "gethelp" document states, one option is
> to fund a developer. One of our most talented (Jeremias) is looking for
> funded work right now, so please contact him directly if that matches your
> needs (his email address can be found in the mail archives). There may be
> others as well. Otherwise, as far as FOP is concerned, unless you can find a
> volunteer, I think you will have to wait. Another alternative would be the
> commercial developers. The guys at RenderX are very sharp, and might be able
> to do this as either custom work or part of a large licensing deal.

Here's a 2nd "+1" for funding Jeremias. I've personally found Jeremias'
contributions and "help" to be most prompt and accurate. It would be
great to have him earn a little extra ca$h so he can continue his
generous contributions...

In addition to RenderX, which appears to be making great strides for
XSL-FO, I might also suggest looking in to Eliot Kimber & G. Ken
Holman's project to enhance XSL-FO, appropriately named "exslfo":

  http://exslfo.sourceforge.net/

Finally, you might be able to get Acrobat to work through java and/or
the command-line to post-process PDF files for the functionality you're
looking for. Also, I haven't had the opportunity to check out Acrobat 6
(it appears to have been announced today), but there may be other
features there...

Good luck!
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com