From Glen Mazza <glenma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Merge TRAXInputHandler into XSLTInputHandler?
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 01:45:23 GMT
I was wondering if TRAXInputHandler can be merged into
XSLTInputHandler, and the former class removed from
use.  I'd like to try to submit a patch on this, but I
may be missing something about why we need both
classes.

The classes appear to have been separated in March
2001 to support users who were still working with the
non-JAXP compliant Xalan-1J transformer.
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=98329165432269&w=2)
But Xalan-1J is no longer supported or even available
from the Xalan homepage, and both SAXON and Xalan-2J
are JAXP-compliant.

Do we plan on continuing support for Xalan-1J for FOP
1.0?  If not, we may be OK with one class.

Glen