From "Felipe Rech Meneguzzi" <fel...@cpts.pucrs.br>
Subject Optimize SVG output
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:22:36 GMT
            I was looking at the SVG XML generated by the SVGRenderer
and I realized that its output is incredibly verbose, that is, it
generates an icredible amount of overhead text for small pieces of text
in an output, given that for each word in the text there is the whole
set of properties for colors and positioning. I was thinking about
creating some kind of Area Tree optimizer so that formats like SVG could
receive, for instance, lines of text in a single WordArea, (with spaces
in it).

            I would like to ask the community if anyone has already
tried something like it, or anyone has an opinion about it.

Felipe Rech Meneguzzi
 <mailto:felipe@cpts.pucrs.br> mailto:felipe@cpts.pucrs.br
Desenvolvimento Tecnológico e Industrial
Centro de Pesquisa em Software Embarcado