From "Patrick C. Lankswert" <PLanksw...@InsightBB.COM>
Subject RE: Encryption
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 01:42:00 GMT
Add jce-jdk13-118.jar (for 1.3.x) to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext and add
security.provider.6=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider
to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\security\java.security in the appropriate section.
This should work. This is how it is done to support any implementation.
IF you would like it HARD CODED to bouncy castle's implementation which does
not require the java.security changes,
I can do that also.

I'm sorry that I did not get this message earlier.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm@yahoo.de]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 8:23 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Encryption

Patrick C. Lankswert wrote:
> Thanks... if there are any issues or work that is needed, I'm MORE than
> happy to help.

I got the JDK 1.3 compatibility now.

However, while testing the encryption I'm getting
   "Cannot find any provider supporting RC4"
The JCE doc for JDK1.4 at
  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/security/jce/JCERefGuide.html
does not mention a RC4 implementation (odd).

Well, Mozilla has one, but it requires installing a DLL.
Finally, BouncyCastle has another one, but it seem I can't
get it to work. Do I really have to edit the JRE's java.security
file? I made it writable for Administrator only, for enhanced
security, and there is no su on Win2k. I'm sort of pissed now.
I'll look tomorrow after this (ok it is already tomorrow...)

J.Pietschmann