From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject Re: inline-container support
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 23:06:40 GMT
Keiron Liddle wrote:
> Hi Jens,
>
> Do you want to get started on implementing it in the redesign?
> What we will need is an InlineContainerLayoutManager that returns a single inline
> object as with other layout managers such as image. The inline-container area will
> have width, height and alignment.
>
> The renderers will need to handle the inline container, this might already be done
> but it wouldn't be tested.
>
> Inside the inline container it will need to find all the breaks and then to calculate
the
> height. The IPD must be fixed and this will be passed down to the child layout
> managers. Once it has all the breaks all it need to do is set the height. When the
> areas are added it will get all the child LM's to add there areas from the breaks,
> then it will add the inline container to the parent and do the alignment.

Keiron,

Could you spell this out in a bit more detail if possible?  I am also
interested in how the inline-area copes with having to pass line-areas
back up to a parent.  I am thinking of the interpretation we developed
on the basis of the "clarification" of the behaviour of various inline FOs.
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"