From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: hyphenation patterns
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:29:47 GMT
Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> side note why do I have to work the harder way no spellchecker no
> hyphenation I started wondering am I the only one using these things
> under Linux :-(

Until recently ispell was "good enough". It's a bit dated now
but you could check Savannah whether anybody picked it up for
further development. SourceForge has a handful of projects for
spell checkers, most of which should be cross-platform. Which
does not imply they can be already used. Then there is MozSpell,
and OpenOffice has some sort of spell checker too.

Now the really big thing would be a grammar checker. I've still
my old notes from 15 years ago for a grammar checker for german
and english, but no time at all to do any real coding... :-/

J.Pietschmann