From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Encryption
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:20:33 GMT
Patrick C. Lankswert wrote:
> Add jce-jdk13-118.jar (for 1.3.x) to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext and add
> security.provider.6=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider
> to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\security\java.security in the appropriate section.
> This should work. This is how it is done to support any implementation.

Thank you, I already discovered this myself last night. It was just
that shutting down the work environment in order to re-login as
Administrator for changing java.security at 2:10am isn't worth
it, so I decided to go to bed.

Now everything runs well and is already committed to the maintenance
branch, I'll update the docs and HEAD later.

> IF you would like it HARD CODED to bouncy castle's implementation which does
> not require the java.security changes,
It's probably a bad idea to tie FOP to a specific provider. In
particular as Mozilla also has an Open Source implementation,
which is perhaps even faster due to native code (anybody ready
to try it?)

J.Pietschmann