From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject JDK dependent files
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:14:55 GMT
Hi all,
do we have a policy how to name and where to store JDK dependent
source files?
The PDF encryption needs some stuff from 1.4 (would be nice if
someone knowledgable in the XML security project checked if there
are replacements). In order to compile FOP with 1.3, we need a
stub file (even if encryption were stuffed in via a filter
configuration, because of the command line options).

How should the files be named? Where should they be stored in order
to avoid them being picked up inappropriately by the build process?

We could
1. have a jdk1.3 and a jdk 1.4 directory below src, followd by the usual
    org.apache....FileName.jave, exclude these dirs from build/copy and
    conditionally copy the right files into the build tree
2. have a {jkd1.3|jdk1.4}/FileName.java below the package subdir and
    exclude **/jdk*/** from build/copy (does this work?)
3. store the files elsewhere.

Once we have a policy, I'll convert the stuff currently filtered
to conditionally included classes too, it's easy.

J.Pietschmann