From Togan Muftuoglu <tog...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: hyphenation patterns
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:29:03 GMT
* J.Pietschmann; <j3322ptm@yahoo.de> on 06 Mar, 2003 wrote:
>Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
>>side note why do I have to work the harder way no spellchecker no
>>hyphenation I started wondering am I the only one using these things
>>under Linux :-(
>
>Until recently ispell was "good enough". It's a bit dated now
>but you could check Savannah whether anybody picked it up for
>further development. SourceForge has a handful of projects for
>spell checkers, most of which should be cross-platform. Which
>does not imply they can be already used. Then there is MozSpell,
>and OpenOffice has some sort of spell checker too.

It gets off topic yet for the record there is none for Turkish ( Ok
there is hyphenation for Turkish under an unknown licence for TeX)

I just did for myself a Turkish dictionary to be used with aspell yet
with a language like Turkish the wordlist can be as conjugated to a
figure like 100.000.000.000 so it is not realistic and possible to have
affixes to be able to create such a big list from a 35.000 root words

--

Togan Muftuoglu