From Togan Muftuoglu <tog...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: hyphenation patterns
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 18:41:30 GMT
Hi,

* Jeremias Maerki; <dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch> on 06 Mar, 2003 wrote:
>Thanks for bringing it up again. It forgot that in the pile of work
>these license problems generate. I'm sorry. I've updated the Wiki page
>accordingly.

I know you have tons of stuff to be sorted our with these licenses. Just
to make sure that as the submitter of the tr.xml let me know if tehre is
anything I can do to assist

* Keiron Liddle; <keiron@aftexsw.com> on 05 Mar, 2003 wrote:
>Hello Togan,
>
>In the FOP project we a trying to clear up some license issues.
>You donated a turkish hyphenation patterns file.
>
>What is the license for that? Did you modify the original tex hyphenations and
>what was the license for that file?

Well I had send an email on Feb 17th 2003 to fop-dev mailinglist about
this issue and Jeremias said he would contact Turgut Uyar as there is no
license on the header. My modification is only to make FOP use the file
and I do not think that is rocket science :-) Nevertheless if you also
need grant for my work FOP project may use it

Let me know if you need further information ,

* Jeremias Maerki; <dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch> on 14 Feb, 2003 wrote:
>tr.xml
>Can't find original file.
>No licence. Check with author.

Well, since I sent out the Turkish hyphenation file I should know where
it comes right. The trhyphen.tex is installed from the SuSE 8.1 distro

toganm@earth:~/hangar> rpm -qf /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/trhyph.tex
tetex-beta.20020207-254

the trhyph.tex file has the following header

% A mechanically generated Turkish Hyphenation table for TeX,
% using the University of Washington diacritical coding
% developed by P. A. MacKay for the Ottoman Texts Project.
% Slightly modified by H. Turgut Uyar.

Turgut Uyar has the following addres based on "google search"
uyar@cs.itu.edu.tr

Would you like to contact him directly or do you want me to do so ?
Although I think you can explain the needs and requirements better than
I can

--
Togan Muftuoglu

--