From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: some minor optimizing
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:30:00 GMT
At 06:25 AM 3/31/01 -0700, Kelly Campbell wrote:
>Attached is a patch of some optimizations I've done and I wanted to have a
>second opinion on whether or not I should commit this before or after the
>0.18 release on Sunday. I focused on object allocations, and have been
>very surprised at the results and how little effort it took.

Just to be on the safe side I'd say we wait. I'd say that even if someone
came through with some sensational new functionality right now, and had it
ready to commit.

It's your call - you know exactly what you did. If you want to commit, could
you rtag the current stuff as "fop-0_18_1" beforehand, so we have a known
point? Thanks.

>Also, for those interested in how I profiled for object allocation, I'm
>using the techniques described in O'Reilly's Java Performance Tuning book
>by Jack Shirazi.

Good book. :-) I have it also.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom