From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Does FOP support UNICODE?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:24:10 GMT
At 04:37 PM 3/30/01 +0800, Seshadri G.K. wrote:
>Continuing in the same vein, what platform does FOP run on? Windoze apart
>that is? How about Sun Solaris, or MAc? Has anyone ever tried building on
>these platforms?

Solaris it should work like a charm. I guess it never hurts to test, and I
can do that at work when I get a chance. Still, if J2EE servers run on
Solaris I don't think FOP will present a problem. :-)

I did my initial work with FOP _on_ MacOS (and MkLinux, also). The FOP docs
still contain old pointers to running FOP on MacOS, which is probably not
that out of date. I can no longer test this myself, but I suspect that if
you go with the JDK1.1 build target you'll have a JAR that you can then do
MRJ things to. Obviously for MacOS X it's a non-issue - FOP should run as is.

Intel Linux is no problem at all. I do all of my FOP development on Linux,
and all of my usage on Linux. I only test builds on Windows (unfortunately
not always, because of a reluctance to do Java on Windows - this has bit me
a few times).

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

Fairly Senior Software Type