From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Is it ok to 'borrow' code from Ant?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:49:49 GMT
At 11:20 AM 3/29/01 -0800, Peter S. Housel wrote:
>I've just finished changes to code-point-mapping.xsl and font-file.xsl so
>that symbol fonts such as Symbol and ZapfDingbats use the proper encoding.
>All I need is a way of passing parameters to stylesheets, something our
><xslt> anttask doesn't do yet.  Can I borrow code from Ant's <style> task
>do this?

Depends on how much you borrow and how verbatim the copy is. Can you borrow?
Yes. It's ASL code. You just may have to attribute.

Still, the code in Ant's <style> task is pretty generic. I've looked at it
myself. There are only so many ways to call Xalan.

>By the way, why are we using Xalan to do tranforms? According to
>http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/03/28/xsltmark/results.html its performance
>ranks fairly low among XSLT procesors, about 1/3 the speed of XT.

XT is no longer supported (unless some people picked it back up). How about
Saxon?

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

Fairly Senior Software Type