From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Document Info support ??
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:51:21 GMT
At 04:36 PM 3/13/01 +0100, Marc Mueller wrote:
>Hi all again,
>
>does FOP support Elements like
>Document-Title
>Document-Subject
>Document-Author
>
>How could I set this PDF-Infos??

I was looking at how best to do this some time back, and started a brief
discussion about it on the www-xsl-fo list. It was suggested then that this
is what the "role" attribute is for; because "role" can be a URI
specification of an RDF resource (say, Dublin Core) it would be just about
perfect.

Problem is, the XSL spec indicates that "role" (and the "source-document"
attribute, which is related) can only be set on children of fo:flow or
fo:static-content, not on fo:root, where it would make sense for something
that will be converted to keys in the /Info dictionary. So I need to seek
clarification on this from W3C, or someone will have to invent a useful
extension.

Please, if you want to design an extension, float the idea on the www-xsl-fo
mailing list. You will get good feedback, and the chances will be greater
that all or most implementations will do similar extensions the same way.

I'll be looking at this myself, in between other FOP stuff.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)