From Alex McLintock <ale...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Compression parameter
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:18:43 GMT
You didn't say whether you'd tried it, but it is of course possible to use Java's Zip
classes to compress the PDF. The client of course ends up with a compressed PDF which
needs to be uncompressed before use.  If you do it right you *might* be able to get
Netscape to unzip it for you.

Of course you may already know that.

PS - Images used to be inserted into the PDF as uncompressed bitmaps, but I believe
they are compressed now.

Alex

--- Ralf Botchen <ralf.botchen@isa-tools.de> wrote:
> hello,
>
> i am working on an application that will serve the generated PDFs
> over the net, so it's better to have small files.
> Is there a parameter to set at the org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine
> to activate a higher compression level, or is it in another way possible
> to minimize the size of the pdf file?

=====
Alex McLintock        alex@OWAL.co.uk

OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/