From Alex McLintock <ale...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does FOP support UNICODE?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:28:47 GMT

--- Piotr Kopszak <kopszak@mnw.art.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The question may be silly, but I thought there should be an answer to
> that in the FAQ
> which  I could not find in fact (I mean the  one at
> http://www.owal.co.uk:8090/   as the
> listserv says that there is no FAQ for this list).

It doesn't? Oh dear. Is anyone in Apache responsible for these lists?
How would we add this info to listserv... (PS isn't it majordomo and not listserv?)

To answer your question... "Sort of, maybe, perhaps"

I don't really know enough about Unicode and no one has really come up with
a simple answer.

I guess you are asking at least these things:

Can you do XSLT and create an FO file with unicode characters in it?
Dunno - Depends on your XSL/XSLT implementation rather than FOP per-se

Can FOP read an FO file with unicode characters in it?
Dunno - Depends on your parser I guess rather than FOP.

Can you display a PDF file with unicode characters in it?
Dunno - I guess it depends on the fonts used in the PDF.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I started the FOP FAQ at www.OWAL.co.uk because I needed
it
and thought it would be helpful. I never said I could answer all the questions :-)

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        alex@OWAL.co.uk

OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/