From Kelly Campbell <c...@merlot.channelpoint.com>
Subject Re: 0.18 release
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:13:22 GMT

Arved, I made some changes to the dist target a while back with the other
build changes for including all the jars we use and the runnable fop.jar.
I set it up so there are src and bin dists which are similar to xalan and
xerces dists. The bin dist doesn't include any of the src or build tools,
but the src dist does. This gives us the smallest distribution needed for
running fop.

Sorry if this takes you by surprise now. I thought I had communicated it
in the checkin message.

-Kelly

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:32:01PM -0400, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> At 01:31 PM 3/27/01 +0200, Fotis Jannidis wrote:
> >Hi Arved,
> >
> >I had a short look at Fop.0.18.0-DEV-bin.zip.
> >
> >runtests.bat in examples doesn't work. 2 problems:
> >1) ant.jar is missing in the lib directory
> >2) the anttask Fop is also missing - should be in buildtools.jar
> >which is also missing
> >
> >the fop.bat in xml-fop/docs doesn't work, because the bat needs to
> >be in xml-fop/
>
> OK, you left me scratching my head...all I do is just use the Ant target for
> 'dist'. Why did this start leaving stuff out? Plus I never stuck the fop.bat
> in docs/ before starting the build; it _was_ at the top-level.
>
> Did our build.xml get buggered up somehow?
>
> I'll check also, obviously. In the meantime I'm going to pull the distros
> off the site.
>
> Regards,
> Arved
>
> Fairly Senior Software Type
> e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)
> Wireless * B2B * J2EE * XML --- Halifax, Nova Scotia

Kelly A. Campbell              Software Engineer
<camk@merlotxml.org>           ChannelPoint, Inc.
<camk@channelpoint.com>        Colorado Springs, Co.