From Alex McLintock <ale...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FOP v0.17 in a browser applet
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:05:54 GMT

--- "Trontchinski, Vadim" <Vadim.Trontchinski@imckesson.com> wrote:
> Has anyone managed to run FOP in a browser applet?
> We used JSDK 1.3, IE 5.5, Xalan-J 2.0. Never got anywhere. The applet will
> start XSLTProcessor and nothing happens. If we use the second recommended
> method to start FOP, we get an Unknown security exception.
>
> Thanks.

My suggestion is - why would you want to do that?

Just send the necessary information back to the server and get it to do the FOP stage.
What we are doing is taking a screenshot of our applet and sending the result back
to the server for inclusion in a FOP generated PDF. This PDF is then either
streamed back to the user - or mailed to the user. Of course you may have other ways
of doing it.

Goodluck

Alex

=====