From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: STATUS - next project
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:05:15 GMT
On Thursday 15 March 2001 21:35, Karen Lease wrote:
> KL: Let's say "inline-progresion" aspect, at least concerning allocation
> and content "width". By the way, have you thought any more about
> writing-mode independence?

Yeah, some. I figure we want to do "reference-orientation" and "writing-mode"
all at the same time. I also think that:

(1) it may not be as bad as probably all of us think; and
(2) it'll help us do everything else properly (because we will hardcode less
stuff).

I think what I will do is just dive in. I'll start with
fo:simple-page-master, and make sure that both of the above properties work,
and then carry on to regions. Now that all 5 regions are implemented this
makes more sense. I really don't think that doing this stuff here is all that
complex compared to the really nasty stuff. But I don't know for sure, and
there is only one way to find out.

Regards,
Arved

P.S. Been a bit spotty over the past week because of upgrading to Mandrake
7.2 and then upgrading to latest KDE/Gnome stuff on top of that. This combo,
on a fast PC with lots of RAM, just rocks. :-)