From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Region-start and Region-end
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 23:44:04 GMT
We seem to have had a 24-hour splurge of stuff. :-) I just finished committing
code to support region-start and region-end. There is one example in
docs/examples/pagination: allregions.fo. I tested this with the latest commits
as of 1930 AST Sunday (today), so it looks like all the commits - Karen's,
Kelly's and mine - cooperated. :-)

The mechanism for getting "precedence" as a property is a hack: I'm using a
2-value Enum to mimic the boolean.

Links in these new regions, as with before & after, will very likely not be
quite right at present. That's on the shortlist, but it depends on our
refactoring.

I think the greatest utility of having all 5 regions in place is to support
testing of layout. Unfortunately XSL 1.0 isn't set up to do marginal notes all
that well. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

I intend to take a short timeout to consider Karen's recent
post carefully.

Regards,
Arved