From Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject RE: PCL renderer and borders
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:54:34 GMT
Karen,

I kind of figured that was where it was. Of course since doFrame() is in
PrintRenderer, fixing it there should fix it for everything that extends
from PrintRenderer. So both PDFRenderer and PCLRenderer would be correct
(now that I have fixed PCLRenderer to agree with PDFRenderer).

Using PDFColor in the base class is probably not entirely aesthetically
correct, but it works. Perhaps PDFColor should be replaced with something
more generic (if only in appellation). I do not remember if there was
anything PDF specific about PDFColor. In fact, hadn't Eric or someone
suggested replacing it with some standard Java class?

Anyway most of the stuff in PrintRenderer came from PDFRenderer, so it is
likely that is carried some undesirable baggage with it.

Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Lease [mailto:klease@club-internet.fr]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 4:57 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: PCL renderer and borders

Art,

The problem I was thinking of in PDFRenderer (doFrame) is now in
PrintRenderer. For PDF, the border coordinates should be offset by half
the border width, since when the line is "stroked", the stroke is
centered around the mathematical line defined by the two points. I'm not
sure if that's the case with PCL. I also notice that in doFrame, we are
using a PDFColor object for the border colors. Is this appropriate in
the base class?

Cheers,
Karen