From Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject RE: PCL renderer and borders (commit please)
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:53:23 GMT
I found and fixed the problem with borders in the PCLRenderer. The problem
was in the PCLRenderer, so I did not look any further. The borders produced
by the PCLRenderer are now identical to those produced by the PDFRenderer
(at least for the examples I tested). For thick borders there may still be
gaps at the corners. Maybe this is the desired appearance. It does produce
an interesting effect with thick borders in multiple colors. I assume that
this is one of the things that Karen was going to look into.

Diff attached.

Thank You,
Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Welch
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 1:40 PM
To: 'fop-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: PCL renderer and borders

I will take a look at it. When I was testing this I noticed that the borders
did not look quite correct, but I also thought that they looked the same as
the PDF renderer produced (but I only looked very quickly). I also think
that Karen had mentioned that she was going to be working on some border
problems. I will verify that the PCLRenderer is producing the same borders
as the PDFRenderer. Then if Karen fixes the borders, they should both be
correct. If I stumble across the root cause of the border problems, I will
let the list know whatever I find.

Thank You,
Art