From Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject RE: STATUS - next project
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:03:04 GMT
Karen,

I do not know if you have looked at PrintRenderer yet, but when you improve
the border rendering, you may be able to make your changes in PrintRenderer
(doFrame()?). This should fix the borders in any renderers that extend
PrintRenderer (PDF, PCL, etc). At least this is the plan...

Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Lease [mailto:klease@club-internet.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 4:57 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: STATUS - next project

Hi all,

Since I started to change the allocation/content width code in Areas,
I'm planning on going back and trying to do this "right", ie making
allocation and content width correspond to the concepts in the CR. I'm
not sure quite what I'm going to do yet; I thought about this quite a
while back, but there have been rather a lot of changes in the fo and
layout packages since then.

Another thing I want to do is improve border rending in PDF (the half
line-width offset problem) and especially in tables, where our current
approach is quite far from what the CR says it should be (notably,
borders should only be rendered on cells and not on rows and columns!).

Anybody else already mucking about in either of these? If so, just yell
and I will find some other playground.

Cheers,
Karen