From Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject RE: PCLRenderer - Here at last
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:20:46 GMT
You are very welcome. Be sure to post any problems you encounter or any
functionality you would like added.

Some of the developers here were using a PCL Viewer under Windows. I know
that there are several out there - but do not know the names of any of them
off hand. I think that the one they were using here was a demo of a
commercial program. I think that they said they would re-install it every 30
days. If you do not find anything, let me know and I will look into it.
Personally I just print the output to the HP LaserJet outside my office.
Since I was developing the PCLRenderer I wanted to make sure that the PCL it
generated was correct according to an actual HP PCL printer as opposed to a
program's interpretation of PCL. As it happens I think that the output from
the printer and the viewer always agreed.

Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Roob [mailto:Martin@objekt-management.de]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 3:58 AM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: PCLRenderer - Here at last

Hello Art,
as I was the one who asked for a PCLRenderer, I want to thank you very
much for your efforts.
I'm looking forward to testing your renderer.
By the way, does anyone know, wether there is a sort of PCLViewer
available for Windows.
(I don't have a PCL Printer at home, so otherwise testing is a little
bit difficult.)
It should just be a simple program, that opens a PCL file and shows in a
window, what I would see at paper.
Im'm sure there must be something like this.

Martin