From "Frank Neugebauer" <neu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie trying to generate a pdf - xml file
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Kavitha,

I ran your .fo using:

java -cp <path to Java .jar>;<location of fop>build\fop.jar;<location of
fop>lib\w3c.jar;<location of fop>lib\xerces121.jar;<location of
fop>lib\jimi1.0.jar org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine sonnet.fo sonnet.pdf

Where:

<path to Java .jar> = path to where the core Java .jar files live
<location of fop> = directory where FOP was unpacked

This ran successfully (I didn't get your errors but I got some warnings).
Some notes on the .fo warnings which may help:

1) fo:sequence-specification doesn't exist in the FO Spec (or FOP 0.16). Not
sure what you mean there. This may be causing your grief.

2) You should add flow-name="xsl-region-body" to the fo:flow element. It's
required. In other words, <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">.

3) page-master-name does not exist in the Spec (or FOP 0.16).

4) The fo:wrapper object is not implemented in FOP 0.16. Although FOP gave a
warning, it make the text italics. Anyone?

Some references:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/implemented.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-xsl-20001121/

Hope this is useful.