From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject RE: Code submission: TrueType font support Build with Xalan2?
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:24:55 GMT
Howdy,

Just as a heads up, I see that there are a number of interested and eager
parties here, so I'll put wings on this. I got home late tonight from work,
so I'm looking at spending a few hours tomorrow night to look at Tore's and
Alain's code, assimilate other suggestions (Kelly's) and get this committed.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

At 08:02 PM 1/30/01 +0100, Tore Engvig wrote:

>Agreed, org.apache.fop.tools.xslt.XSLTransform.transform() is a better
>approach.
>
>If you really need to test TrueType support now, you can remove most of
>that method, it isn't used anyway (the top lines are: if (true) return
>doc;)
>
>This is actually a code bloat that occured while cut'ing and paste'ing
>from the original PFMReader. If you just want to check out TrueType fonts
>you should remove the PFMReader.java file from the source since the same
>line is present there - but there it's actually used.
>
>Removal of code bloat is of course on the todo list :)
>I guess that the postProcessXML method will be removed from the PFMReader
>too as a part of doing a better encoding support.
>
>Tore

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)