From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: another renderer
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:29:53 GMT
At 02:05 PM 1/30/01 +0530, G Seshadri wrote:
>A framemaker renderer is now more or less ready. Since there is talk of a
>next release etc, when should I submit the code? Should I rush in my
>somewhat buggy code to make it to this release or wait till the next release
>till I make it more correct. Actually it isnt so much buggy as some
>properties/attributes arent fully reflected in the output document. Any
>suggestions please??
>
>sesha

I'd say submit the code right now. It's not really "rushing"; open-source
works better with frequent code submissions, that don't have to be perfect.
The sooner other eyes can look at it and people can test it, why, the faster
it _will_ be correct.

Our release date can vary by a few days to accommodate this, I think, if
necessary, and it might not be.

Regards,
Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type