From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: RE:RTF renderer
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:39:10 GMT
At 10:37 PM 1/1/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello, Arved and Guy,
>
>There is a fair chance that I can get funding to have one of my coworkers
>work on an RTF back-end for FOP, starting mid-January. Again, please let me
>know if we can help the "official" team instead of doing it in our own
>backyard.
>
>I won't have much time to look at it before January 10th, but if you could
>provide pointers about how to interface with FOP, it might help us get
>started. I assume we'll have a look at the current PDF and AWT renderers to
>start with, but any suggestions are welcome.
>
>I was also thinking of having a look at the code of jade, which as far as I
>know can generate RTF based on DSSSL stylesheets.
>
>Thanks for your help, and a happy new year to all!
>
> -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, codeconsult

Hi, Bertrand

My motivation is to promote the development of an RTF renderer, so obviously
anything that helps is welcomed.

The Renderer interface and the PDF Renderer implementation should be
excellent guides.

I don't know if I'd recommend looking at Jade. I had to go through the
source one time trying to track down a bug during a PowerPC build, and even
though I know C++ I found it pretty hard slogging. I'm thinking perhaps that
this is where Guy's stuff would come in really helpful.

Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)