From jcotu...@upstanding.com (Jim Cotugno)
Subject Re: FOP & Memory
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:39:33 GMT

> Jim Cotugno wrote:
>

> > I will eventually need to send this
> > run to a printer as one big print job.
>
> I'm curious, why do you need to send them as one big
> print job?  What is the difference between one big
> print job and multiple print jobs?

The short answer is that there are operational issues that require it to
be one big print job.  The long answer includes things like
maintaining the order of the documents, ensuring no other print jobs
get into the middle of the set of documents, etc., etc.  The
documents being printed are taken off the printer and fed into another
machine for further processing.

I'll stop there.

I'd be willing to 'merge' the PDF files before printing, if that is
reasonably easy to do. I could also merge the print job at print time,
as I think I'll need to write something that will take PDF and turn it
into PCL/POSTSCRIPT.

Jim Cotugno
Upstanding
email:      jcotugno@upstanding.com