From "Michael Aronov" <maro...@entricom.com>
Subject Headers/footers with different contents
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 00:44:13 GMT
Hi everybody,
I need to create a document containing several chapters and meeting
following requirements:

1. Each chapter should start with a new page and may contain an arbitrary
number of pages.
2. The chapter related information (actually, the chapter name and number
which can be stored in XML file under specific tags) should appear on the
top of each page.

The problem is that as it seems to me, the only way to implement a
header/footer is using static-content objects, but in my case these objects
have to be different for each chapter.  And because the length of each
chapter is unknown (in advance), I cannot create several
repeatable-page-master-reference objects with appropriate maximum-repeats
attributes.

(If I put the chapter related information into the same static-content
element, every header gives me the whole information from all chapters
concatenated)

I think this is a very common problem, and I believe it has to be solved by
FOP.  Probably I just do not know how  (this is a new stuff for me).

Any help will be appreciated.
Michael