From Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject RE: Overlapping lines of text
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:03:14 GMT
I have not looked at the latest code, but I had discovered some
inconsistencies in FOPs line heights. Basically it looks to me like FOP has
not implemented the line-stacking-strategy and so a mix of strategies seem
to be used. I had found that the line-height property may be used, but the
value specified is not what you get. To calculate a value to compensate for
this you would need to know some of the font metrics for your font (font
height, ascender height, and descender height). It is simpler to just do it
by trial and error. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Some time in the
next couple of weeks I will be looking into this again - if someone else
does not beat me to it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tracy Atteberry [mailto:Tracy_Atteberry@inso.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 3:23 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Overlapping lines of text

I'm a having a small problem and hoping someone can help.  The following fo
snipet produces lines of overlapping text in the resulting pdf file.

        <fo:block>
            <fo:inline font-family="Times Roman" font-size="28.0pt">Font
size =
28 pts</fo:inline>
            <fo:inline font-family="Times Roman" font-size="18.0pt">Font
size =
18 pts</fo:inline>
        </fo:block>
        <fo:block>
            <fo:inline font-family="Times Roman" font-size="36.0pt">Font
size =
36 pts</fo:inline>
        </fo:block>
        <fo:block>
            <fo:inline font-family="Times Roman" font-size="48.0pt">Font
size =
48 pts</fo:inline>
        </fo:block>

Is there a way to get the appropriate line height without setting it
explicitly
(and if I have to do that, how can I calculate the right value)?  What am I
doing wrong here?  BTW, I'm using FOP 0.16.

Thanks,

-Tracy