From "Ron Gilmour" <gi...@earthlink.net>
Subject fonts in fop
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2001 18:49:25 GMT
Greetings!
I'm new to this mailing list (and to fop), so if my question has been dealt
with here before, please feel free to forward me the relevant postings
off-list.

I'm working on a project for which I think fop would be really useful, but
for reasons beyond my control, I have to use a particular (bizarre) font
which is not supported by fop.  Is there a way to do this?

I notice the files in /src/codegen with names like "Helvetica.xml".  Is this
the sort of thing I need to construct?  If so, what units are those numbers
in?  I can get the font metrics for the font in question using Java, but the
numbers I come up with are on the order fo 3-11 (for 14pt text) and the ones
in the /src/codegen/somefont.xml files are in the upper hundreds.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Ron Gilmour
gilmr@earthlink.net