From Fernando López Carballeda <ferna...@lopez.org>
Subject Problems installing FOP 0.15.
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:22:33 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem installing FOP 0.15.

1) I got fop-0_15_0.zip and Unzip the file.

2) I put together all the jar files:
   -) fop.jar
   -) ant.jar
   -) w3c.jar
   -) xml.jar

3) I found that org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper and
org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger have references to
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory and javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.

3') The org.w3c.dom.svg package has 5 references to
org.w3c.dom.svg.SVGAnimationElement.

4) I got the javax.xml.parsers (1.0.1) and install into the CLASS PATH.

Now all the references to the classes has been checked and the references
seem to work fine.

In other way I have install the oracle.xml.parser.v2 it seems that has no
interference with the fop.

Finally I prepare my class

import java.io.*;
import java.io.File;

import org.w3c.dom.Node;
import org.w3c.dom.Element;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.w3c.dom.DocumentFragment;

import java.net.URL;
import org.w3c.dom.NamedNodeMap;
import org.w3c.dom.NodeList;

import org.apache.fop.apps.Version;
import org.apache.fop.apps.Driver;

public class main
{

	//
	// Parsing an XML document stored in a file.
	//
	public static void main (String argv [])
	{

      Document doc;
	try {
/*
  Build the FO Document

*/
		FileWriter outFile = new FileWriter(filePDF);

		FOPXMLDocument(doc,outFile);

		outFile.close();

	} catch (Exception e) {
		System.out.println("Error en la generación del xml:fo
:\n\r"+e.toString());
		e.printStackTrace( System.out);

		System.exit(1);
	}

	System.exit (0);
}

static void FOP(Document xml, Writer writer) throws Exception {
/* Yes it's from Cocoon 1.8, FO2PDFFormatter 1.4
 * This class wraps around FOP to perform XSL:FO to PDF formatting.
 *
 * @author <a href="mailto:stefano@apache.org">Stefano Mazzocchi</a>
 * @version $Revision: 1.4 $ $Date: 2000/08/18 22:42:27 $
 */
	try {
		String version = Version.getVersion();

		Driver driver = new Driver();
		driver.setRenderer("org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer", version);
		driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping");
		driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping");
		driver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping");
	      driver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping");
		driver.setWriter(new PrintWriter(writer));
		driver.buildFOTree(xml);
		driver.format();
		driver.render();
	} catch (Exception e) {
		throw( e);
	}
}
}

With this class I always obtain the same problem in the driver.buildFOTree
the exception java.lang.AbstractMethodError its throw when this method try
to obtain the name space from the attribute:

  NamedNodeMap map = currentNode.getAttributes();
  currentAtts.clear();
  for (int i = map.getLength() - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
      Attr att = (Attr) map.item(i);
      currentAtts.addAttribute( att.getNamespaceURI(),  <------
                                att.getLocalName(), att.getName(),
                                "CDATA", att.getValue());
  }

Please which class or jar file is misses?

Regards,
Fernando López Carballeda