From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 1.8.1 & FOP Examples
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 18:47:02 GMT
Did the ones I sent to the cocoon-dev list not work?
Sorry for the duplication of effort.
-Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Jones [mailto:scott@on-sitemanager.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2000 2:06 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Cc: greenrd@hotmail.com
Subject: Cocoon 1.8.1 & FOP Examples

Hi Everybody,

Could somebody please check over the attached files?  Yesterday, Robin Green
committed a patch to Cocoon 1.8.1-dev that now allows it to work with FOP
0.15.  In fact, FOP 0.15 (or 0.14) is now required for the CVS version to
compile.  However, the FOP examples that used to come with Cocoon didn't
work anymore with FOP 0.15...

So, I've gone through and made the changes that jumped out at me to make
them work correctly with FOP 0.15, but I'm far from an expert (especially
with 0.15 -- today was my first day using anything over 0.13).  All of the
examples now work.  Would somebody mind checking over these before we give
them over to the Cocoon team, just to make sure that I haven't left in any
mistakes?

Example 1
=======
test-fo.xml -- a very simple example of FOP with cocoon.

Example 2
========
test2-fo.xml -- this is actually the "extensive.fo" example provided with
FOP, so I just cut and pasted it.

Example 3
=======
darkness-novel.xml -- the xml document representing the first couple of
pages of the Heart of Darkness
novel-fo.xsl -- transform darkness-novel.xml.

The spacing of the title, author, and chapter title look a bit different
when sent through 0.15 than they did when using 0.13.  However, novel-fo.xsl
looks ok to me...

Thank you!

-Scott