From Kelly Campbell <c...@channelpoint.com>
Subject RE: Moving to Xalan2J's TRaX interfaces
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:36:12 GMT
Thanks Scott, that Redirect change you added today fixed the properties
codegen. I can now build FOP using either Xalan 1 or Xalan 2 beta (cvs
source) except for XalanCommandLine and PFMReader. I will look at fixing
these two to work with either version over my Christmas holidays. I think it
should be pretty easy if I can reuse the stuff I made for the ant task.

-Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus [mailto:Scott_Boag@lotus.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 5:39 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Moving to Xalan2J's TRaX interfaces

Frank Griffin <ftg@ntplx.net> wrote:
> You're right.  I forgot that FOP uses this stuff at runtime.  That
definitely adds another dimension, and I don't
know enough about TRaX and how the API changed from XalanJ1 -> XalanJ2 to
have a worthwhile opinion about it.

It shouldn't be too hard to create a thin wrapper that will handle both.

The bigger issue is that the package of the redirect class has changed, so
the stylesheets aren't compatible right now.  We can put in a hack to work
around this, but I don't want to unless it's really necessary.

Frankly, I think XalanJ2 will be more conformant and more robust than
XalanJ1 in a fairly short amount of time.  You would be best off just
making the leap.

-scott

                    Frank Griffin

                    <ftg@ntplx.ne        To:     fop-dev@xml.apache.org

                    t>                   cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Re: Moving to
Xalan2J's TRaX interfaces
                    12/19/2000

                    07:18 PM