From Kelly Campbell <c...@channelpoint.com>
Subject RE: FOP and PDF Size
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:55:18 GMT
I just tried this... and it seems to work great. A 760K PDF from FOP
compressed into 320K. I'll look at adding a setting to FOP's PDF rendering
classes to flate-compress streams.

Attached is the modified source and compiled class I used with pj-1.10.jar.

-Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Campbell [mailto:camk@channelpoint.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 1:46 PM
To: 'fop-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: FOP and PDF Size

You could also use Etymon's PJ library to postprocess the PDF and
flate-compress any stream objects.

http://www.etymon.com/pj/index.html

Look at the file in the pj.jar called
com/etymon/pj/samples/UncompressPdf.java
You can probably modify that to call PJStream.flateCompress() instead of
flateDecompress(). I'm not sure how much this will compress the file, but
it's worth a try.

-Kelly