From Kelly Campbell <c...@channelpoint.com>
Subject RE: BUG : <fo:block> & area calculations as a guess ...
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:37:00 GMT
I found the problem. It is caused by the changes in fo.flow.Block.layout()
added to fix infinite loops on tables. Here is a file that shows the
problem. At the end of page 3, there's a block of text that should start
with "4." and another block that starts on the next page. (Look for blocks
with id="block*" in this fo file). With the current cvs version of FOP,
block2.1 is not rendered on page 3, and block2.2 is rendered on page 4.

Reverting the code in that method of Block.java fixes the problem for this
case. I don't think it has anything to do with space-before properties, just
with the fact that if a block was partially laid out, the area isn't added
to the tree due to Hani Elabed's changes.

-Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Campbell [mailto:camk@camk.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2000 5:24 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org; fotis.jannidis@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Subject: Re: BUG : <fo:block> & area calculations as a guess ...

Has anyone worked on this bug? I still seem to be running into it
frequently. I will take a look at fixing it, but I wondered if anyone else
had already found the fix for it.

-Kelly

--
Kelly A. Campbell                        Software Engineer
camk@channelpoint.com                    Channelpoint, Inc.