From Kelly Campbell <c...@channelpoint.com>
Subject RE: Header layout question
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 21:54:22 GMT
Michael,

Take a look at repeatable-page-master-alternatives in the November spec.
Also, you will have to use flow-name on your static contents to set the
different content for the different pages and region-name on your
simple-page-master to create the flow map. I don't have any simple examples
of this, but I could throw one together for the FOP tests if no one else has
one already.

Note that this type of support is only in FOP 0.15 so you would need to
upgrade to that if you're using an older version.

-Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: mcarland@mmm.com [mailto:mcarland@mmm.com]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 1:40 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Header layout question

Hi,

This is probably not the correct list for this question, but I could not
find one that deals with FO layout.

I am looking to have additional page header information on the first page,
and can not noodle a good way to do it (this is all new to me).
A simple description would be I need a table heading at the top of each
page, but the first page would have a block before the table heading.

I have a separate page-master for the first page to make the first page
region-before extent larger, but I need a way to either conditionaly
display the extra header on the first page, or be able to specify different
region-before content for different page-masters.

Can anyone point me to a sample that does this?

Thanks,
-Michael

P.S. A recomendation to the code maintainers. When you import code from
other projects into CVS, could you tag it with the version of that code? It
took quite a bit of sleuthing to find the correct versions of the various
SAX/DOM packages. The comment "20001106" would be more helpful than
"updated to latest".